The Brand New DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced Has Been Announced
DJI launched the new Mavic 2 “Enterprise Advanced,” a new member of the Enterprise line of drones. It is a dual imaging, reimaging advanced drone, which captures accurate details in any mission. It is compact and very versatile with plenty of performance upgrades.
The new Mavic 2 Enterprise will become available in a little over two years since DJI released its Mavic 2 Enterprise. Probably the greatest difference between the Mavic drones is the new optical and thermal cameras.The new Mavic 2 comes with high-resolution thermal sensors and visual cameras. The 48 megapixel camera features a 1/2″ CMOS sensor and the M2EA supports up to 32× digital zoom and is capable of centimeter-level positioning accuracy with the Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) module.
The new thermal unit is 640 x 512 pixels, which is enough resolution to allow the pilots a 16X thermal zoom, enabling them to bring clear focus on spots of interest. The thermal sensor is ±2°C accurate. This optical/thermal bundle, which allows the pilot to choose between visual, thermal or split-view feeds, is one of the key value propositions of the new product.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise drone has been a favorite with many for industrial — often complex — inspections where accuracy and higher resolutions for thermal and visual sensors were essential for peak performance. Where such accuracy is critical, the new key upgrades that come with the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced are a welcome addition. The ability to pinpoint defects and anomalies with greater detail and perform operations and maintenance more effectively will be significantly easier with the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced.
- HD 640 x 512 px thermal resolution camera
- 48MP visual camera
- 1/2″ CMOS sensor
- Capture HD and 4K video
- 32x digital zoom and 16x thermal zoom
- Equip with DJI RTK Module to achieve CM-level accuracy
- Create up to 240 waypoints to conduct automated inspections
- 24GB on-board storage
- Password protection
- DJI AirSense ADS-B technology
- Integrate with modular accessories: Loudspeaker, spotlight, beacon
- 31 minutes of flight time
- 72km / 45 mph top speed
- Transmission range of up to 10km (FCC) or 6km (CE)
- DJI Mobile SDK Support*
Additional features include:
- Spot Meter: Displays the average temperature of an object, helping pilots monitor and measure critical or hazardous objects while maintaining a safe distance.
- Area Measurement: Displays the average, lowest, and highest temperature, as well as the corresponding locations of each area, allowing inspectors to quickly assess objects and determine if an asset may be overheating.*
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced comes with DJI’s Smart Controller, which features a 5.5″ display with 1000 Nits of brightness that is about twice the brightness of an average smartphone. The integrated controller also means a faster setup time in case of an emergency. Ocusync 2.0, the Smart Controller, can communicate with the drone from as far as 10 kilometers away.*
Like the other drones in the Mavic 2 Enterprise Series, the M2E Advanced is compatible with key modular accessories to expand mission capability and flexibility.
These accessories are:
- Spotlight: With a brightness of 2,400 lumens, this bright spotlight is ideal for nighttime or low-light operations, as well as during complex daytime conditions, like fog and smoke.
- Speaker: The loudspeaker has a maximum projection of 100 decibels (1-meter distance). Store multiple voice recordings and play clips on loop to enable communication with ground teams, casualties, or potential offenders.
- Beacon: Featuring a bright flashing strobe visible from 4.8km (3 miles) away, the beacon enables pilots to conduct missions at night or in low-light and provides awareness to other nearby aircraft. The beacon has been designed with U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Night Waiver standards in mind.*
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced is also compatible with the DJI Smart Controller. This amazing controller has an ultra-bright 5.5-inch 1080p display to maintain clear visibility, even in direct sunlight.
These crucial enhancements make the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced a powerful tool for complex missions throughout public safety, search and rescue, and industrial inspections.
As with any new technology in general, and drone technology in particular, security is a great concern, and the new Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced does not disappoint. This is true whether it is photos, video, flight logs, or other data during a sensitive mission. When operated with the DJI Pilot App, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced features Local Data Mode as one of several ways to protect one’s data.
In light of the numerous enhancements that the new Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced brings, it should become a phenomenal success in the drone industry due to its versatility and multiple capabilities. This is true whether it is in the area of complex industrial inspections, where accuracy and higher resolutions for thermal and visual sensors are critical, or complex missions throughout public safety, search and rescue.
Because the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced is a dual imaging, reimaging advanced drone, it can capture accurate details in any mission.
One of the greatest advantages is its very portable size and quick setup, which is especially important to first responders when seconds can be critical when fighting a fire or searching for a missing or injured person, which is so crucial in preventing serious injury, or worse, loss of life.