In spite of Covid-19, DroneDeploy, the undisputed leader in aerial drone software, is showing by their latest release that there are a wide array of products working to improve data for businesses. This new product makes work in remote areas possible for several industries, such as solar field management, oil and gas, construction, disaster relief, etc.
The release this Spring shows again that DroneDeploy keeps expanding their products and the following summary list shows that this may be the largest list of features yet:
- DroneDeploy Missions: During the flight, add as many new plans as needed, such as a new video plan to capture a specific area of the site, so you can maximize air time.
- Live Stream: Live stream the drone’s current flight path with real-time, visual context to decision-makers who aren’t on the scene to address issues and respond to emergencies quickly. This feature is more important than ever with folks working in several locations.
- Enhanced Thermal Flight: Quickly identify and understand issues on-site with a simple and easy toggle between the thermal and RBG cameras.
- 2-D Inspections: Conduct photo-based inspections on 2D orthomosaics with the ability to tag team members to document the inspection from discovery to resolution.
- DroneDeploy users are now able to automatically export every single project within their organization’s DroneDeploy account. In addition, you can also export all of the source imagery associated with a project. Store or re-upload these images wherever they might be needed.
- ESRI Integration: Customers have the latest site maps from DroneDeploy to help improve safety, documentation, and visibility for any site.*
- The following is how DroneDeploy’s blog post outlined the new release:
“With countless businesses put on hold, and billions of people maintaining physical distance, now, more than ever, we are reminded of the importance of communication, flexibility, and virtual engagement. At DroneDeploy, we plan to continue to enhance our product and services to provide you with the solutions you need to operate effectively in any working condition.
Our customers have told us that drone inspections are an integral part of their workflow, and that they needed a platform that could scale within the organization and connect with critical internal systems. With this release, we’re excited to announce key pieces of functionality to continue to address those priorities with enhancements to flight, uploads, inspections workflow, integrations, and more.”*
The DroneDeploy Live Stream (beta), makes it possible to address a critical issue or respond to an emergency without having to be on the scene to address a critical issue or respond to an emergency. Live Stream also makes it possible for drone pilots to provide a real-time video stream to decision-makers or response teams who are involved with the situation at hand.
The key new feature is the reinvention of how data is captured on-site. This will create a seamless undertaking that enables people to access drone data from any location.
In this environment of the coronavirus, when we are called to stay home by physically distancing ourselves from each other, this is especially important*Miriam McNabbon, “DroneDeploy’s New Release is Looking Forward” (April 21, 2020)