The Autel Robotics EVO II drone surpasses the older DJI Mavic 2 line, both in resolution and collision sensors. It offers high-end aerial intelligence and abilities beyond videography and photography.
The following are its many positive features:
- Cameras ranging from 8K or 6K visual cameras to a dual EO/IR visual and thermal payload with a thermal resolution up to 640×512.
- The 7100mAh battery lets it fly for up to 40 minutes at a time.
- The motors can fly in speed mode up to 44.8 mph, and can transmit HD footage back to the controller from up to 5.6 miles away.
- While flying and tracking, 12-sensor omnidirectional obstacle avoidance is coupled with a dual-core processor and AI machine learning to let the EVO II navigate itself around the environment safely.
- Phone-free operation because it has a ground-breaking controller with a built-in color display.
- 48-Megapixel Camera.
- 8K Video Recording.
- 4K at 60fps.
- Good light modes.
- All-around Collision Sensors*
The following are some of its negative features:
- Looks are not attractive to everyone.
- Software could be more polished and lacked the emphasis on shareability and useability.
- Lack of design polish, in general.
- No Panorama mode which rotates the drone automatically and produces stitched panoramas.
- Mix of USB ports.
- No cables supplied.
- Some felt the machine was a bit skittish in the air.*
Like the Mavic 2 series, the Autel EVO 2 airframe is offered with different cameras.
When folded, the Autel EVO II is not much bigger than a Mavic 2, but,when open it is 53mm wider at 397mm across. It is also taller, partly because of the legs on all four arms, which provides a useful 22m ground clearance, and, therefore, can take off from a more rugged surface. In addition, there are ultrasonic landing sensors, and downward facing LED lights, which makes it possible for the Autel EVO 2 to detect and avoid objects in case there is the danger of hitting them sideways.
When we consider the numerous positive features of the Autel Robotics EVO II drone, it clearly offers an improvement to the older DJI Mavic 2 line. The high-end aerial intelligence, and abilities, exceed videography and photography and paves the way for even greater things in the future.